CHARCUTERIE is the craft of Salting Smoking and Curing meats. This is a delicious way to preserve meat and respectfully use the whole beast.
- Salami Krakowski - Fermented, Smoked, Baked ready to eat Sausage. Salami Krakowski owes its name to the city of Krakow, one of the oldest cities in Europe.
- Krakowska Cut Sausage (Kielbasa Krakowska Krajana) - Smoked Baked ready to eat sausage. The middle part of the name ' Krajana ' explains that he meat was manually cut into pieces.
- Kabanosy - The most popular Polish sausage and most likely the finest meat stick in the world. The name Kabanosy comes from the nickname ' Kabanek ' given to a young fat pig no more than 120kg in weight, that was fed mainly potatoes in XIX Poland and on former Polish territories known today as Lithuania.
- Mexican Chorizo - I find this to be among the most exotic of these sausages because of the sweet paprika, the smoky cayenne powder and the tequila and offset buy the fresh oregano and garlic. Air dried ready to eat or put in pasta etc.
- Garlic Sausage - Garlic sausage is a Frenchman's steadfast friend. It is delightfully and unabashedly bourgeois, redolent with garlic and brandy. The French have a cure for the problem of garlic breath; everyone eats garlic sausage and then no one can smell the garlic on anyone else. Garlic has been shown to have some antibiotic properties and it is also a traditional remedy for high blood pressure.
Our cured meats retail at $50/kg. Contact us to discuss postage, local drop-off, or one of our suppliers near you.